I will just state here the things I did and experience when I applied for our Korean Visa.
1. Go there as early as you can because when you enter the embassy it is already jam packed! No kidding 🙂 You need first to get a visitor ID from the police officers outside. I am with my fiance’s mom and we only get 1 guest ID for the both of us. You only need to give 1 personal ID also and just tell the office that you’re with someone.
2. When you enter the embassy, the very first thing you need to do is get a queue number. Fall in line and prepare your papers because the person that will going to give you the queue number will check your papers to identify which visa window you need to go to. In our case since we haven’t travel to any major countries (Japan, US, Korea, etc) we were given a queue number that has Visa1 on it. Meaning you need to go to windows 1 if ever your number is called.
3. When it is already our turn, we greeted the person in charge a good morning and we didn’t get a response lol! Anyway, I just hand him all our papers (passport without cover and requirements). He then checked the first passport and the papers included then immediately handed back our papers and said that we remove the unnecessary documents and submit the listed requirements only. Unnecessary documents are your plane ticket, itinerary, and everything that is not in the list. We were really nervous that time and don’t know what to do. ^_^ And remember that in order to talk to that person again/go to that window again you need to get another queue number. Yes you need to fall in line again BUT a guard there told us that we just need to go the front and tell the person giving the number that we need to go to that window again because we were advised to revise something. You’re lucky if he will notice you and give you a number right away. In our case he did.
I immediately removed all the unnecessary papers and hoping and praying that the consul will accept it already. Then we heard a girl talking to another person saying that the officer in charge in window 2 is much approachable and more understanding and kind when it comes to checking the papers of applicant so my Tita being so nervous immediately went back to the person giving a queue number and ask if she can have a number for windows 2. But to no avail because she has been identified and the person told her that she just got a number a while ago 🙂 So I tried my luck and went there and ask for a number on window 2 but the person acted liked he never saw me so I went back to my Tita and get our papers and went back to the person giving the number. I asked again and I think nakulitan na sya so he just gave me a number on Visa 2 🙂
4. Then here we are in windows 2 facing the officer in charge again. We greeted HER a good morning and we didn’t get a response again. 🙂 Anyway I submit our papers and she checked it one by one. She took out the unnecessary documents again and gave it back to me. Good thing is she did all the work removing those unnecessary docs and didn’t asked us to go back again. After checking she asked us the relationship of each applicant. Just tell her the truth and she then highlighted the name of the person you’re most connected. In my case my fiancé.
5. After that she received our papers wholeheartedly 🙂 and asked us how many is the passport/applicants so we just said 6 then she gave us a piece of paper where she write the date on when we can get our passports.
6. Done. Surrender your guest iD and get your personal iD. Go home and pray 🙂
During our stay there, the guard kept on telling applicants that no work = no visa so I can’t stop being so nervous because you all know that I am unemployed. I just really tried my luck here. My fiance is my financer. It should be my father but getting the papers of my fiance is easier so yeah 🙂
If you are unemployed like me here are the requirements that I submitted:
2. Photocopy of the first page of my passport
3. Personal bank certificate
4. Photocopy of COE (Certificate of Employment) of my fiance.
5. Photocopy of Fiance’s ITR
6. Photocopy of Fiancé’s Bank certificate
7. Application form
I don’t know if they will accept it as I am just a fiance and not a wife but we told her that I am pregnant because I really am 🙂 I don’t know if she heard us or if it has any bearing at all but who knows right. Those requirements that I passed/mentioned will not guarantee your application to be approved.
Will update this post once I got my passport. Waaaaaah! Pray for me!! Paying the plane ticket is no joke and it will just go to waste if ever. I am still hoping that my application will be approved but at the same time I am not expecting or letting my hopes super high. I know where I stand and it would be a miracle if I get to see a visa on my passport on October 18. HAHA! Till next update! If you have a question don’t hesitate to leave a comment and will try my best to answer if I know the answer. Hahaha! 🙂
UPDATE: GOT MY VISA!!!!!